Wednesday 15 July 2009

076. Read a book with a historical theme and learn something from it

When I decided to include this task on the list I imagined to cross it off after having read something about World War 2 or the Viking times here in Scandinavia or the colonialism in the 15th and 16th century.

But no...

I can cross it off after having read the fifth book in the Earth's Children series by Jean M. Auel. I had read the previous four books years ago and decided to read the fifth one as well (it was already in the book shelves at home). After some chapters I realized I could use this as my "history book" and I paid more attention to the descriptions of how they made their tools, clothes and weapons. As well as to what they ate and how they lived in different kinds of caves and houses.

I admit to having skipped most of these pages in the books prior to this one...

No comments: