Thursday 15 May 2008

033. No ice cream for a month

Today's the 15th of May. Almost half-way through the month now. And still no ice cream. Honestly no real urge for ice cream either... That surprises me.

For the last ten years, I've had a strange relationship with ice cream. Being a student I ate waaaay too much ice cream. It happened on a regular basis that I had ice cream for breakfast on the weekends. Some weekends I only had ice cream and fruit to eat. For the entire weekend. I didn't spend money on alcohol, but I bought ice cream. A lot of expensive ice cream (Häagen Dazs and Mövenpick).

I'm much better now. But still feel somewhat "controlled" by ice cream. The fact that I declare a month to be free of ice cream suggests that I have "a problem with ice cream". It wouldn't be difficult for me to go a month without alcohol, sweets or kidney pie...

But surprisingly, this is easier than I thought it would be. One of my colleauges is going to test me next week though as he'll bring ice cream for us all on his birthday...

No comments: